Thursday, March 22, 2012

21 Jumpstreet

Unfortunately, I have not been able to sit down and really blog for awhile. I still have not released my Top 10 0f 2011, but it is coming soon. I have now finally taken the time to blog for the first time in a few weeks to review my first film of the year 2012 and the funniest film I have ever seen in the theater. "21 Jumpstreet" is hilarious. I do not think I have ever laughed so hard in my life. It is ridiculous and raunchy but somehow remains charming. Jonah Hill has solidified his status as a fantastic comic and a fabulous actor with his nomination at the Academy Awards. We will be seeing a lot more of him in the future in both dramatic and comedic roles. I cannot wait to see more of what he can do. Channing Tatum also supplies us with a hilarious comedic turn. I have always thought of him as an average actor with a nice set of abs until I saw this movie. His comic timing is perfect and holds himself well opposite an Academy Award nominated actor. I am now even more excited to see his semi-autobiographical film about his days as a male stripper in Florida, directed by prestigious director Stephen Soderbergh. The script is a stand out in this film which is co-written by Jonah Hill. It is not only appealing to all ages in terms of comedy but also is current and up to date with today's pop culture. We see parodies of Eminem along with "Requiem For A Dream." It is outrageously hilarious but I warn you do not take your kids. This is certainly an adult comedy and I was lucky enough to sneak in (my birthday is in less then 2 months.) It is next to impossible to go see this in the theater without having a good time. The whole atmosphere of everyone laughing is almost to much to handle. The community of so many different people coming together and sharing a good time is extremely unique to the cinema. Fans of the original television show will not see much resemblance to the original series besides the main premise but they will surely enjoy this reboot of the idea and a hilarious cameo. Go see this in theaters with your friends and do not waste your time with a sure to be crappy movie like "Project X." This is a film that film critics and average teens will sit side by side with each other and laugh in synchronization.

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment