Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

What most critics found to be a gripping, well acted, and well written thriller about discovering a mole in the MI6 agency I found to be slow, groggy, and boring. I guess I have to say it is well acted and even written. The director Tomas Alfredson is talented, as made evident in "Let The Right One In." It just did not do it for me. I have never been a fan of these slower spy movies like, "Duplicity" and "The Good Shepherd." I find myself losing interest in what is going on and I then that is it for me. I tried to stay focus on it and it is not like I was tired when watching or anything like that. The movie just seemed dreary to me. I did not care who the bad guy was. It has a cool set up, with a nice back drop taking place during The Cold War, and the ending was done well. I just did not care about the mystery. The film did not seem to have that oomph it should have. Gary Oldman has been nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor. I did not think his performance demanded much from him, but that is okay because he should have been nominated for his work long ago. For me this film was an overall let down and disappointment.

2 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment