Monday, November 21, 2011

Catfish

This documentary genuinely shocked me. Completely blew me away. It does not feel like a documentary because it is not like most. Most documentaries are trying to inform you of something or raise awareness and warn you. This one just simply tells and shows a true story about a regular guy whose friends decide to video document his life and relationship with this girl he meets over Facebook and proceeds to have a long-distance relationship with her. I do not want to share any more because I believe it will ruin this story but just know that you are about to watch an amazing example of how film can catch true and real things if the camera is at the right place and the right time. The film also gave me a deep and further understanding on other people. I now respect others that I do not understand more after seeing this film. There is more then meets the eye to the people you see everyday on the street. There is real pain behind everyone you encounter. This documentary to me is far superior to the convoluted and greatly biased "Inside Job" that won the oscar for the 2010 Academy Awards. When you get a chance take a look at this rare film that sheds light on the reason why people do certain things that to us make no sense and also examine the difference between your real self and the person you display online.

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment