Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Backdraft

I purchased this movie with a pack of three other Ron Howard films. I got a pretty good deal on it and was impressed with the set and I love the other three movies "A Beautiful Mind," "Apollo 13," and "Cinderella Man." This movie was good but my least favorite of the four. I could see how it was trying to be emotional and add some intensity to the firefighting scenes but it all seemed formative and kind of fundamental. I never really got sucked into any of the characters lives, stories, or trouble. I mostly just observed and enjoyed some pretty decent acting with no true standouts. This is probably the best firemen movie I have ever seen but, that is not really saying much since I can only think of this and the Christian film "Fireproof" which I must admit got to me more emotionally than this movie. If you are a Ron Howard fan I am sure you will enjoy it but this firemen mystery did not hit me the way it should.

2.5 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment