Friday, January 6, 2012

Jacob's Ladder

Yes, Adrian Lyne again. I have now almost succeeded in seeing all of his films. This one is a psychological thriller starring Tim Robbins, who you will recognize from "The Shawshank Redemption." It is about a Vietnam war vet living with his girlfriend in New York. He has suffered from some severe trauma in his life and starts to see what he believes are demons walking around following him. The movie has many twists and turns and keeps you interested and actually gave me anxiety. The movie made me feel almost stressed out. For some reason it didn't really hit me. I understood the ending and how it was supposed to make me feel but I did not feel it. I ended the movie just thinking that it was okay and almost that a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Lyne's talent for filmmaking is displayed here but it is more like you see his potential rather then seeing him do anything really great.

3 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment