Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Descendants

Hands down, one of the best movies of the year. It is genuinely moving and at the same time absolutely hilarious. I was so touched by this film. The story surrounds this normal, average, and rich guy in an extremely incredible circumstance. You see how he deals and copes with this situation along with his two daughters and the teenagers hilarious guy friend. There is way more to the movie then this, but as it is hard to explain and better for you to see it yourself I will not indulge myself. You must go see this movie, it is impossible to see this and not be moved. I laughed frequently out loud and throughout and came to the point where I almost cried. The performances are incredible and George Clooney is very likely to receive recognition at The Academy Awards. Alexander Payne makes a movie that has the same style as "Sideways" which is also a comedy dealing with rather depressing themes. This film is funnier, not as sad, and frankly better. Don't get me wrong "Sideways" is a fantastic film, but this really hit it home for me. Its a film about family, about looking out for each other, about how short life is and how we need to enjoy what it offers. I really loved this film. Despite its language, there is no other explicit content and I believe it is a movie that families should all go to together, if the kids are in their later teens. All of the acting is fantastic and Alexander Payne works perfectly at the helms of director and does exactly what he wants to do. Shailene Woodley is a huge standout for her incredible and fresh performance and is also likely to see some attention this awards season. She is a fresh face and a stunningly beautiful one at that. Robert Forster also makes a come back and does well for himself. This is a fantastic picture that is sure to touch your entire families hearts. I cannot wait to see what Alexander Payne will come out with in the future.

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment