Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dances With Wolves (4 Hour Extended Cut)

I enjoyed this film but did not think it to be a spectacular innovation of cinematic achievement like some people claim it to be. I had not seen it in ages and could barely remember it and I needed to see it for the sake of my Top 100 Movie List because the film has been so renown. I probably should have watched the regular cut because I now think that I would have enjoyed it more but the fact of it not making my list would be the same no matter what. I thought that Costner's direction was good but found his narration rather dreary. The movie moves kind of slowly and I did not get to emotional about any of the characters however, the cinematography is absolutely beautiful with the filming of the amazing landscape and the acting is pretty good. I liked the movie but for me it does not really hit all the way home. It is an incredible story and that is what makes it so watchable and connects with multitudes of people.

3.5 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment