Thursday, October 6, 2011

Warrior

Now to review something that has recently been released to theaters. First off I should say this is the best movie I have seen so far out of this 2011 year. Now, that being said I have not seen that much in theaters this year and generally end up seeing everything good from the year during Oscar season. "Warrior" was great starring some familiar faces; Tom Hardy from the great "Inception," my favorite film of 2010 and Joel Edgerton who happens to be in the Australian film "Animal Kingdom" which I had ranked my second best film of 2010. These two great actors combined with the amazing talents of Nick Nolte create a sports/fighting movie that is more family appropriate, hence its PG-13 rating, than other great fighting films such as "Raging Bull" and "The Fighter." This movie without as much language still keeps its gritty fighting content that it needs to be impacting. The story:  two brothers end up having to face each other in the "superbowl" of mixed martial arts and you can not as a member of the audience pick really who you want to win. The movie is great I encourage you to go see it. It is fun for pretty much everyone unless you cannot take this kind of sports violence. I enjoyed it more then 2010's "The Fighter" and look forward to see more from these two great young actors. This is an incredibly powerful movie and could only not touch you if you are missing a heart.

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment